When it’s Summer time in Dubai, we all aren’t the only ones seeking an escape from the unbearable heat outdoors- bugs, too, start looking for an easy escape to keep themselves cool. Often, this isn’t really much of a disturbance, but here are a few solutions to preventing bugs from getting inside your comfortable living space.
Well, it’s actually quite easy for insects, and other tiny creatures, to find their way into your home through the AC. Most of the ACs and cooling systems offer a nice, cosy home for such creatures. Often, the condenser’s grill provides enough protection. And, along with the all-time supply of fresh water available from the condensation, the rattling of the machine provides a warm place to thrive in through the night.
Moreover, your AC grants complete access to your home for these bugs. They can easily get in through the AC’s ductwork and return vents, and small holes in the walls of your room. Bugs, too, seek to have the same basic shelter and amenities, like we do, for a basic living. The lights inside your home, cool and optimum temperature to thrive, and availability of food further encourage them to thrive at your home, and your AC often provides them an easy access to get inside. You can easily get in touch with our renowned services for AC cleaning in Dubai, if you discover bug nests in your cooling system.
Lessons aside, the good news is that there are a number of things that can be done, if you want to prevent bugs from finding their way into your home through the AC. The bugs that are most commonly found in your AC system include flies, cockroaches, mosquitoes, ants, and spiders. Of course, nobody wants them running around their homes!
- Take a look at the area around your AC’s condenser. Do you see cracks or holes? Well if you do, you can simply fill them up with a sealant or concrete. Even though the holes may be quite small, they provide a great passage for bugs to come in through the AC, and into the room. You can easily purchase these sealants and concrete at a local hardware store, a home depot, or any retail company specializing in home improvement items.
- When it comes to your condenser, landscaping does matter to some extent. These are among the few basic rules that should be considered, when it comes to AC and landscaping:
• Firstly, any kind of plants, trees, or fencing must be placed more than 2-3 feet away from the condenser. Because, it needs space and air, too! Also, make sure that the branches of trees aren’t too low. Clean any debris from around the condenser, including leaf piles that might keep accumulating around it.
• Secondly, shift anything that could possibly attract bugs away from the condenser, for example, wood piles, trash cans, grass clippings, and more. By clearing away any such gathering spaces for pests and bugs, the risk of bugs coming in through the air conditioner is minimized.
- If cleaning up the “shrub mess” seems like a tough job, an amazingly innovative thing to do is to why put in a rock garden. A rock garden can be anything from aesthetically appealing gravel to bricks, or even the large river rocks. These rock gardens are gaining remarkable popularity by the day, because they’re quite easy to maintain, and drought-resistant, too. They also put off bugs from thriving around the condenser of your AC. Tall plants, too, on the other hand, might potentially block the airflow and clog the coil of your condenser. A rock garden entirely eliminates this problem as well.
- Dust, leaves, and other debris can easily get accumulated in your home’s gutters and downspouts, which can be an inviting home for pests and bugs to thrive in. Regularly cleaning your gutters and downspouts keeps away bugs, other than keeping your home environment healthy to live in.
- Cockroaches love water! A damp place, that may have been formed due to a leak, could provide a wonderful home for a cockroach family to thrive. You should regular keep a check and inspect for water leaks or any such leakage possibilities, in order to patch them up as soon as possible. Check your hose nozzles, and ensure that they remain tightly closed. If you notice any water leakage from your condenser, it’s more than just a luxurious cockroach party- it could be a sign that something is wrong with your AC. Look for a good “AC servicing near me” immediately, that provides good enough AC cleaning in Dubai.
If you want to prevent bugs from coming in through your AC, you can easily schedule an appointment with our experts for AC cleaning in Dubai. Our technicians will perform a fine AC tune-up and professional cleaning to ensure that there are no pests and bugs in or around your home cooling system.
Full Audio Version: