Keep the top floor cool: 8 Tips to Remember
The AC is not just a luxury these days- it adds much more to life, and especially in a city like Dubai where the heat of Summer is unbearable, the AC is nothing less than a basic amenity these days. Especially in the Summers, you may often find that the topmost floor of your home is usually the hottest, and keep the top floor cool as you go downstairs. This is mostly due to the direct rays of the sun heating the roof just above it, and the windows and doors that allow these direct rays to come in, if left open. Your ceiling fan further spreads this warm and uncomfortable air around the room quickly from the roof. Thus, keeping your AC in top- notch condition with our renowned company for AC servicing in Dubai is essential.
Here are a few tips on how you can keep the top floor cool during the Summers, that can provide quick solutions to making this space more comfortable:
- Keeping all blinds and shades closed has been found to be a traditionally effective measure to block sunlight and keep the heat out. You might also want to try out heat-blocking shades and UV-blocking films. Sealing the cracks, holes and any other form of gaps around windows and all throughout the space can help prevent air from “leaking” in.
- Sealing your roof (and attic) by adding extra insulation will help prevent heated air from seeping in.
- You can simply avoid generating the additional heat upstairs by keeping lights dimmed or turned off. Also, try limiting the use of appliances that generate heat, for instance, dryer, iron, dishwasher, stove, and oven, to downstairs itself.
- A dirty or clogged air filter can block the cool air from blowing in. So, keep changing and replacing them regularly, to prevent such blockage.
- Keep the thermostat on the “on” mode instead of “auto” so that the blower fan keeps running constantly to create a mix of air throughout this space with appropriate fan settings adjustments.
- You can even create climate zones at your home- and you can do it yourself by closing a few AC vents on the floor below, so that more cool air from your AC is forcefully directed upstairs.
- You might be surprised to know this- fans don’t cool rooms. In fact, they only speed up air circulation to keep you cool. So, save some energy by keeping them turned off whenever you’re not in the room, instead of trying to cool the space by letting it remain turned on.
- If all your efforts go in vain, it probably means that your space is too large for your current cooling system. Then, you can try upgrading to a larger air conditioning system, or getting another AC installed for the topmost floor.
Wherever you’ve installed your AC, our highly skilled, knowledgeable and experienced team for AC servicing in Dubai will eliminate all hassles for you. In case you’re facing issues with your AC, your search for the best AC maintenance company, thus, ends with us- even if you’re looking for split AC repair in Dubai. We provide 24/ 7 AC repair services, and we’re just a call away!