We often tend to take the sewage and drainage systems at our homes for granted. On flushing our toilets, draining the baths, or running the garbage disposal, all the water and wastes simply vanish down the drainage system waving us goodbye, forever. However, as city dwellers, we’re also often exposed to raw sewage, that leads to certain health issues.
Our leading plumbing services in Dubai lists down the most common causes of sewage exposure among the city dwellers today:
- Overflow of toilets, due to clogging in the drainage and pipes.
- Overflow of septic tank wastes, including mixtures of waste water, organic wastes, solid and/or liquid wastes, and human excreta.
- Overflow of clogged sinks or bathtubs, causing exposure to harmful sewer water.
- Over-filling of sewage systems, especially in the basement, during heavy rains and monsoons.
Diseases and their symptoms caused by exposure to raw sewage, when proper plumbing services in Dubai are not called for:
- Typhoid fever: high fever, fatigue, stomachache, cough, headache, loss of appetite, and sometimes, rashes; can spread easily through contaminated food and water.
- Gastroenteritis (or, stomach flu): watery diarrhea, fever, abdominal cramps, vomiting, and headaches.
- Hepatitis A: fever, fatigue, abdominal pain, jaundice, nausea, loss of appetite, and diarrhea; caused through viruses that may have ingested infected fecal matter.
- Giardiasis: watery diarrhea, loose stools, stomachache, and cramps; caused by the parasite Giardia.
- Dysentery: bloody diarrhea, stomach cramps, and fever; caused due to ingestion of contaminated fecal water.
- Salmonellosis: fever, diarrhea, and abdominal cramps; caused due to extended exposure to Salmonella.
- Campylobacteria: fever, abdominal pain, nausea, bloody diarrhea, cramping, and vomiting.
- Diarrheagenic E. Coli: watery or bloody diarrhea, fever, nausea, abdominal cramps, and vomiting; caused due to exposure to fecal or contaminated water.
- Cryptosporidiosis: loose or watery diarrhea, slight fever, stomachache, and cramps; caused by accumulation of contaminated water over time.
Once you’re aware of the symptoms, how important plumbing services are in keeping us all fit and healthy in our day-to-day lives becomes clearer. Hence, issues in drainage and sewage systems must be treated immediately and effectively by experienced professionals.
Often, you might prefer fixing issues yourself in place of going for good plumbing services. It’s getting more and more common by the days, too. However, this is not recommendable, as good knowledge and enough experience is necessary for unclogging pipes or carrying out any plumbing-related work.
We provide the best plumbing services in Dubai, so you can rely on us for providing solutions to any plumbing-related issue. Reach out to us even if you’re facing minor problems, so we can fix them before they turn major. We also provide services for home maintenance, gypsum partition, false ceiling, annual maintenance and AC fixing in Dubai– and we’re just a call away!
Full Audio Version: